Work Winter 2021 in Queenstown.
Kick off your winter OE plans today.
Our winter work partners ↓
Sidestep the hassle of the job hunt. Take advantage of our relationships with winter work partners, and get ahead of your competition. Just register and we'll put you forward for a winter job in Queenstown.
Don't want the hassle of organising flights and accommodation either? Or can't afford it until you're working? No worries, we can help with that too.
Build an OE package with us, and on top of helping find you a job, we'll find you accommodation and flights. All you pay up front is a deposit. Pay the rest off once you're working. More on packages below.
Yes! Now that the trans-Tasman bubble has been announced, registrations have really ramped up and we're stoked to be helping local businesses find staff from further all over NZ and Australia. We've got a bunch of candidates eager to work in Queenstown already. Towards the end of summer we also successfully placed Sammy and Danielle Billington on an OE in Queenstown, our first customers! The sisters went to work in Mrs Ferg and Fergbakery, and spent 6 weeks in town staying at Pinewood Lodge. Read more about their experience here.
Here's how it works when we build your OE Package together.
1. Fill in our registration form.
2. Pick what you want to include from flights, accomm, activities & discounts. See the bottom of this page for more.
3. We'll make contact and ask a few questions about your perfect OE.
4. We send a quote for your OE Package.
5. We pitch your CV to our winter work partners.
6. Pay a deposit for your OE to lock it in.
7. We'll sort your accommodation, flights, and transfers.
8. See you at Queenstown Airport when you land!
9. Finalise work and pay the rest of your package once you start.
That's fine! We have partnered with local businesses at ground level as well as the ski fields. The more you can tell us about your work experience and preferences, the better we're able to place you in the right work. We have skilled and unskilled roles across tourism, hospitality, admin and construction, as well as the ski field stuff.
There are a couple of options here. If you go and work on a ski field, then you'll be employed directly by the business which operates that ski field. You're unlikely to get hired for ski field work unless you're cut out for it, so typically people don't leave those jobs early because they're so much fun! If the job you want to leave is something other than ski field work, just pop in and see us at Kiwi OE HQ, which we share with our recruitment partners Remarkable Labour. Together we'll work out another great option for you.
Of course! We can still help you find a job - we're here to help new arrivals have a positive experience in their new town. We're also here to help local businesses find the staff they need to have a successful winter, so we can definitely still help, no worries!
There are a few reasons, but we've picked out the best ones.
1. We have established relationships with ski fields and other businesses around town. They trust us, which means we are able to pitch you directly to the employer. The alternative is joining a big pool of applicants and hoping you make it to the top of the heap.
2. We can cover the cost of the most expensive bits of your package until you're working and can afford to pay it a bit at a time. You'll sign terms and conditions which bind you to covering the full balance over the course of your package length.
3. We get great rates with local accommodation providers, which you can only access via a Kiwi OE package deal.
4. We include a Fergburger with every package! What's not to like?!
5. Job security - because we're partnered with Remarkable Labour, and have loads of other great business relationships, we can find you the right role.
6. No headaches - we can sort your travel, transfers, work, and accommodation. Easy!